Things To Do
Being a popular tourist destination, the Isle of Purbeck has plenty to do and see no matter what the weather is doing: Listed below is just a small selection of the tourist attractions in our area:
- Brenscombe Outdoor Centre - offering a fantasic range out outdoor activities on both land and water using Purbecks tremendous natural features and environment.
- Cycling - The Isle of Purbeck is renowned for both it's on and off road cycling with many routes that start right outside Burnbake Forest lodge site
- Walking - Burnbake is situated in the middle of some of the most spectacular walks in the Country. There are many miles of woodland, health, beach and hill walks.
- Monkey World - this world famous Monkey sanctuary is home to over 250 rescued and/or endangered primates with an excellent play area for your little monkeys.
- Swanage Railway - experience a unique journey through six miles of beautiful scenery passing the magnificent ruins of Corfe Castle, travelling down to the blue flag beach at Swanage.
For more information about the places to visit and activities on offer in the local area- please visit the Swanage and Purbeck information section on the official Dorset Tourism website at